Saving The Farewell

Saving the Farewell

            The atmosphere was dense, filled with a creepy silence and deep mourning. Out of 1000s of people gathered, everyone was sad, broken and some were even depressed or had just been through a nervous breakdown. The event had been disturbing, and it came as a blow in a bombshell to the entire India.


            The Net Neutrality had passed away or to be frank, had been murdered by the greedy telecom operators of India. The event as said before, left a blow over the people all over the nation, and attacked the citizens both mentally and emotionally. Everyone was lost or broken to some extent, for their very own: the Net Neutrality had been brutally murdered and it took away their soul mate- the Internet with it, so some extent. 





             That day, people from all over the nation had gathered at the graveyard for a condolence speech after 1 month of the tragic incident. Everyone had something to say, something to share and an invitation to join him/her in their suffering. A teenager first took the mike, slouching around the stage in distress.

             ‘Bhot bura hua,’ he said after a 5 min idle pause. ‘I am lost without its presence now. I can’t complete my college projects as, without you my dear net neutrality, my ISP doesn't support Wikipedia. How can you imagine completing a project without Wikipedia????? Wikipedia doesn't  work on my internet plan and if it does, it takes hours to open a single link, is this fair??’
         The kid broke down and it took some elders to sooth him down. The kid regained his posture, stood up and began to speak again.
              ‘My school projects are left incomplete and teachers insult the crap out of me nowadays! Fine,’ he said. ‘But to sooth myself down, I can’t even download or stream any songs or other videos because of my internet pack guys! And my parents don’t allow for another ISP, as they are happy with this one! This is disgusting I don’t want to live anymore!!!’  

The possible future of youtube

            The kid broke down again and some uncles took him away. A youngster, replaced him and began to share his pain.

     ‘I am a big EPL fan. But what’s the point in that now?’ he broke down. ‘Earlier, our group would stream the live matches over the Internet when we didn’t have time to watch the television directly. But now? Now we are either left to stream the match over the crappy sites that our ISPs have collaboration with, or can’t watch the match at all! Now we don’t fight over the capabilities of Liverpool or Manchester United, now we fight over the authenticity of Youtube or Dailymotion or our ISPs. We were supporters of the teams in EPL and were grouped accordingly. But now we are grouped according our ISPs or the sites permitted by our ISPs!!’
The dark future awaits
             Another youngster came and shared his grief.
        ‘I am an online shopping freak. But now, I can’t even sustain!’ he broke down. ‘Recently amazon had this really great deal and discounts but I couldn’t shop on it as my ISP supports Flipkart and either slows down the amazon website immensely or charges a hefty sum of extra money if I try to use e-commerce sites other than Flipkart! This is really disgusting guys!!’
          For this wasn’t enough, the ceremony witnessed an even funnier act. A girl, or rather say our very own social butterfly climbed up the stage and broke down instantly.
         ‘I am broken,’ she cried. ‘I recently had this tiff with my boyfriend when I asked him to like my selfie on the Instagram. He said he couldn’t afford all the WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram packs simultaneously and I should stop being a selfie bitch!!’
                She started crying madly and stopped to continue with her speech.
               ‘All my selfies and status updates these days either go unnoticed or are left with no or very few likes and comments. All my fb and instagram followers either don’t have sufficient internet packs or have shitty speeds while browsing the pics and status. How can you expect me to live in this cruel world when all I get is a few likes??? Where have you gone my dear net neutrality?’

The restricted apps might be another aspect of 0 net neutarlity
           The ceremony was concluded by another youngster as he came up on the stage and broke down.
      ‘Abhi umra hi kya thi jane ki??!!! Abhi abhi to wifi lagwaya tha ghar me!!’ he broke down. 
       ‘I am the new baron of my area these days guys as I am the only one with a wifi! I have never seen more people circling around my home than I have seen in this one month. Everyone looks at me with a shining hope of getting the wifi password in their eyes! This sight of helpless people is really disturbing and disheartening! Let’s remember our happier days of the net- neutrality and pay it all our respects! You’ll always be in our hearts oh dear net-neutrality!’ he concluded. 


            So, with this the ceremony was concluded and everybody left to their respective businesses and accepted the slavery of the various ISPs as their destinies. And what did you all do??? Had a bit of laugh at the idiotic story, right? Well yeah, you all are free to laugh. And I don’t take the credit for the authenticity of this story unlike my previous works either.
            There have been a plethora of posts and videos regarding the net-neutrality and its importance and this story might sound as another boring and repeated attempt. OK fine, I don’t claim for its originality either! And yeah, I don’t want you to comment or share unlike all my previous posts right now. All I want you to do is, go to http://www.savetheinternet.in/ and file your petition to the TRAI in favor of the net neutrality by clicking on the RESPOND TO TRAI NOW!!.  Otherwise be ready to bear the slavery of the various  ISPs on everything you do from browsing to downloading, from blogging to reading, from buffering a video to sharing and on every damn thing!!! 
          Go and submit your petition at http://www.savetheinternet.in/ right now!
        Let’s hope for a better future of the Internet and let’s help in saving the farewell of net-neutrality.!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows phone Wifi connectivity problem.

Create Excel file using Java: Apache POI - PART - 2: Line Chart